Monday, September 29, 2008

With my little eye...



I saw something like this at a retreat not too long ago. They had rice in their bottle, but I used barley since I was out of rice and was trying to use what I had in the house.




The barley is a little dusty in the bottle, so I recommend rice if you've got it.




Activity: Eye Spy Bottle


Supplies
1 clear bottle (water, bbq, ketchup, dressing)
rice (enough to fill it 3/4 of the way)
sheet of cardstock or construction paper (or funnel if you have one)
treasures to put inside (alphabet beads, shaped beads, etc)
hot glue gun or super strong glue like Aileene's


Directions
1. Clean and dry bottle (best if done in advance)

2. Once the moisture is out of the bottle, have the kids fill with the treasures

3. Funnel the rice in using the sheet of paper or actual funnel...but who has one of those handy?

4. hot glue the lid on.


It can be used as a fun eye spa game on it's own or you can actually play it with the kids. Shake the bottle, find something and say "I spy a yellow heart." Then shake the bottle and hand it to the child for them to find the yellow heart.

Good fun!


No comments: