Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Share the Joy Oatmeal Cookies

picture coming soon...i didn't want to make a batch today because my jeans are a little snug.

These cookies are so yummy. I can't even tell you why, but their simplicity makes them undeniable. I have made them several times this month and my friends keep asking for the recipe, So here it is...

They are called Share the Joy Oatmeal Cookies for two reasons.

First, they make a bunch! For my house I usually cut the recipe in half. I know I could freeze the other half and save for later...but I would eat them all! Secondly, you can share the joy by adding your favorite things in them...chocolate chips, pecans, raisins, m&m's or my personal favorite...toffee chips.


Ingredients
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
4 cups old-fashioned oats

Directions
1. Mix together first five ingredients
2. Add dry ingredients.
3. Drop by teaspoonfuls on cookie sheet
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes (6 minutes for soft, 8 minutes for crunchy)

Enjoy!

No comments: