Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sprinkle - High, Low, Ha!

Years ago I saw a movie that I can't even remember the name of - Michelle Pfeiffer was in it I think - but there was one part that stayed with me. At dinner each night the family would share their "high, low" of the day. It served as a springboard for conversations that got the kids thinking beyond "what did you do today?" So ever since my kids could speak we have been playing high, low, ha! Sometimes in the car after I pick them up from school, but most often during dinner, we each share the best thing that happened that day, the worst thing that happened that day and the funniest thing that happened that day.

It's not perfect. Sometimes the kids talk all over each other and argue about who gets to go first, but I love it...it's most often my high!

No comments: